ICSP Header on board, is it necessary?

Hi folks,

Electronics N00B here. I've got a project that I'm working on that involves a Spark Core w/ Arduino adapter shield, an IO sensor shield, and a Seeeduino Relay Shield v 2.0. The relay shield shipped with an ICSP header pre-soldered to the board, but keeping it on guarantees that it won't stack on top of the sensor shield. The essential question I have is if it's necessary for me to keep the ICSP header on? Apologies in advance if this isn't the correct place to ask.

asachs228: Hi folks,

Electronics N00B here. I've got a project that I'm working on that involves a Spark Core w/ Arduino adapter shield, an IO sensor shield, and a Seeeduino Relay Shield v 2.0. The relay shield shipped with an ICSP header pre-soldered to the board, but keeping it on guarantees that it won't stack on top of the sensor shield. The essential question I have is if it's necessary for me to keep the ICSP header on? Apologies in advance if this isn't the correct place to ask.

Not needed, all the pins used on the ICSP header are also available on the standard shield pin headers.

Many thanks for the quick reply!

asachs228: Many thanks for the quick reply!

If sensor shield doesnt have female isp, then isp header is not needed.

Makes sense--I'm not seeing male/female ICSP headers on the sensor board.