IDE 1.0.6 issues

Hey Everyone,

I just uploaded the new IDE 1.0.6. I figured i would check some things, like the libraries and several don't work. GSM that comes with the new IDE for one and several of the Adafruit ones i use don't work either. I was using IDE 1.0.5.

The GSM error

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
enabled in File > Preferences.
Arduino: 1.0.6 (Windows 7), Board: "Arduino Uno"
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\GSM\GSM3ShieldV1ModemVerification.cpp: In member function 'String GSM3ShieldV1ModemVerification::getIMEI()':
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\GSM\GSM3ShieldV1ModemVerification.cpp:72: error: conversion from 'int' to 'String' is ambiguous
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/WString.h:61: note: candidates are: String::String(const __FlashStringHelper*)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/WString.h:59: note: String::String(const char*)

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Rob :slight_smile:

The problem seems to be:

return NULL;

Perhaps the definition of NULL changed somewhere or the handling of the F() macro was added to String to allow String objects to be created from constant string in FLASH. In either case it doesn't know how to turn the integer 0 into a String object to return it from the function.

I'd edit Line 72 to say:

return "";