IDE 1.6.2 and ATtiny: cannot find compiler

Hi,

I just upgraded from 1.6.0 to 1.6.2 on Win7 32b and I have an issue with ATtiny cores from https://code.google.com/p/arduino-tiny/ (installed in my user dir under C:\Users<user>\Documents\Arduino)

Compilation fails with the following message:

Cannot run program “C:\Program Files\Arduino/hardware/tools/avr/bin/avr-g++”: CreateProcess error=2

stating that the specified file cannot be found.
Indeed, it seems the compiler has moved from the main install dir (under C:\Program Files) to the roaming folder (C:\Users<user>\AppData\Roaming)

For 1.6, I already had to change the compiler path in ATtiny’s platform.txt to
compiler.path={runtime.ide.path}/hardware/tools/avr/bin/
but this does not work anymore.
No luck either uncommenting the line:
compiler.path={ide.path}/tools/avr/bin/…
And it also doesn’t work if I just remove the “compiler.path” definition altogether…

Is there a predefined variable pointing to the roaming dir ?
Any other idea to fix it in a clean way ?

Kind regards,

Vicne

go back to 1.6.1

i assume 1.6.2 was released in error as it doesn't load on linux at all, windows won't compile and macs seem to have a corrupt directory structure

Thanks for your replies,

Sorry, campusantu, I didn’t see your reply (don’t know why reply notifications don’t seem to work) and had already switched back to 1.6.1

I guess a core migration would be required but ATtiny core seems to be an abandoned project, so until somebody steps in and takes it over (and moves the project to GitHub), I’m afraid we’ll have to fiddle once more with config files.

Oh, well…

Kind regards,

Vicne