IDE 1.6.6 OFFICIAL + Issues with libraries & Library Manager

Hi,

A few days ago it was brought to my attention I was running and unofficial version of Arduino IDE (1.7.6). I have no idea how I got it. But I have just dl and installed v1.6.6 from this site. After re-opening it, I got a popup about updating my libraries. I clicked on the libraries link in the popup and got the Library Manager. One by one I clicked on Update but 2 libraries will not update as the others:

LCD & SD

when i click on Update a popup asks me if Im sure I want to delete them?

What should I do?

Leave them alone and see if they compile with your code. If they do then you're in good shape. If they don't then tell us what errors you get.

Thanks Delta_G.

No errors per se, but I do get this when running a sketch:

Multiple libraries were found for "SPI.h" Used: /Users/quique123/Documents/Arduino/libraries/SPI Not used: /Users/quique123/Desktop/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/arduino/avr/libraries/SPI Multiple libraries were found for "SD.h" Used: /Users/quique123/Documents/Arduino/libraries/SD Not used: /Users/quique123/Desktop/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/libraries/SD

So I have 2 libraries of those. I dont want to erase the other 1.7.6 yet in case some of my sketches dont work on 1.6.6. I guess i just have to live with it for now?

Don't erase them. Move them somewhere out of the libraries folder to somewhere else on your hard drive in case you need them back.

OK so each Arduino ide is looking for libraries in their own path but also in each others path. So if I copy them somewhere else in the drive, won’t the ide’s find the libraries where I put them anyway?

No, the IDE only searches three places. The folder where the IDE version you are using is installed, the libraries folder in your sketch folder, and the folder where the .ino file is. Library files anywhere else on your computer won't be found.

Do you have extra copies in the libraries folder in your sketch folder? That might be what's happening.

Oh ok so its looking in:

/Users/quique123/Documents/Arduino/ - because this is the folder where the sketch is in.

and its looking in:

/Users/quique123/Desktop/Arduino.app/ - because thats where the IDE (v1.6.6) is.

Ok so the best thing would be to just move new sketches into a new folder...and slowly migrate all sketches into this new folder, while making sure they work properly with the 1.6.6 ide.

Thanks

Ok this is the exact error message I get with my sketch which worked on 1.7.6 but doesnt on 1.6.6.

/Users/quique123/Documents/Arduino/libraries/WiFlyHQ/WiFlyHQ.cpp: In member function 'boolean WiFly::sleep(uint16_t)':
/Users/quique123/Documents/Arduino/libraries/WiFlyHQ/WiFlyHQ.cpp:1458:20: warning: NULL used in arithmetic [-Wpointer-arith]
     if (seconds != NULL) {
                    ^
/Users/quique123/Desktop/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/arduino/avr/libraries/SoftwareSerial/SoftwareSerial.cpp:375:6: warning: always_inline function might not be inlinable [-Wattributes]
 void SoftwareSerial::setRxIntMsk(bool enable)

^
/Users/quique123/Desktop/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/arduino/avr/libraries/SoftwareSerial/SoftwareSerial.cpp:121:6: warning: always_inline function might not be inlinable [-Wattributes]
 void SoftwareSerial::recv()

^

Ok this is the exact error message I get with my sketch

which you haven't posted.

And which uses a library that you haven't posted a link to. Which, if I remember right, you have been modifying.

Marciokoko: Ok this is the exact error message I get with my sketch which worked on 1.7.6 but doesnt on 1.6.6.

/Users/quique123/Documents/Arduino/libraries/WiFlyHQ/WiFlyHQ.cpp: In member function 'boolean WiFly::sleep(uint16_t)':
/Users/quique123/Documents/Arduino/libraries/WiFlyHQ/WiFlyHQ.cpp:1458:20: warning: NULL used in arithmetic [-Wpointer-arith]
     if (seconds != NULL) {
                    ^
/Users/quique123/Desktop/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/arduino/avr/libraries/SoftwareSerial/SoftwareSerial.cpp:375:6: warning: always_inline function might not be inlinable [-Wattributes]
 void SoftwareSerial::setRxIntMsk(bool enable)

^ /Users/quique123/Desktop/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/arduino/avr/libraries/SoftwareSerial/SoftwareSerial.cpp:121:6: warning: always_inline function might not be inlinable [-Wattributes] void SoftwareSerial::recv()

^

Those are warnings, not errors.

OK warnings. Sorry. But should I do something about them?

I haven’t modified anything in those lines in wifly. I haven’t modified the software serial library at all.