IDE 1.6.7, 1.6.8 optimisation issue

Hi,

I am using IDE 1.6.7 as well as 1.6.8.

I am trying to set optimisation for speed (O3). I change all the Os is platform.txt file to O3 found in ...\arduino-1.6.8\hardware\arduino\avr.

However when I compile is it still should as compiling with Os optimisation.

I recently installed the latest update for boards and this is when this problem issues appeared. before that it was compliling with O3 optimisation just fine.

When I switched from 1.6.7 to 1.6.8, changed platform.txt in 1.6.8 folder, the issue was still there as well.

Any ideas why?

Many thanks,
Sherzaad

sherzaad:
I recently installed the latest update for boards and this is when this problem issues appeared. before that it was compliling with O3 optimisation just fine.

When you installed the boards update you also installed a new, unmodified, platform.txt so that's the one you need to edit. It is located at Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\avr\1.6.10\platform.txt. Even though Arduino IDE 1.6.8 includes Arduino AVR Boards 1.6.10 the one in the Arduino15 folder overrides it. The Arduino15 folder is found at C:\Users(username)\AppData\Local\Arduino15 or you can also locate it at File > Preferences > More preferences can be edited directly in the file.

Thanks Pert! that solved the problem! :smiley: