IDE 1.8.0

Every sketch I upload, in the console I get:

WARNING: Category '' in library nRF905 is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'

Sketch is just a simple "blink" type, nothing to do with nRF905.. How to fix? TIA

How to fix?

What is there to fix? Why do you feel a need to fix anything?

Some libraries come with a library.properties file that contains a record with a category assignment. Older libraries did not. When the IDE finds a library without a library.properties file, or one that does not contain a category record, you see that message. Why is that an issue?

What does the IDE do with the category information? Not a damned thing, as far as I can tell.

Well, can you supply a link to an nRF905 library WITH a library.properties file, or one that DOES contain a category record? If not, you and your reply are pretty much useless despite your darting intellect.

outsider: Well, Jackass, can you supply a link to an nRF905 library WITH a library.properties file, or one that DOES contain a category record? If not, you and your reply are pretty much useless despite your darting intellect.

Here you go: https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit_SoftServo

Removed 1.8.0 and fell back to1.6.5, now I don't have to look at 10 lines of warnings every time I start it.

You can add a line "category=Uncategorized" to the file library.properties to resolve the issue

outsider: Every sketch I upload, in the console I get:

WARNING: Category '' in library nRF905 is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'

... How to fix? TIA

Please post a link to where you downloaded the nRF905 library from. If it's https://github.com/zkemble/nRF905 then the problem was already fixed months ago.

outsider: 10 lines of warnings every time I start it.

If there are other libraries causing warnings then post links to where you downloaded them from and I'll see if I can get them fixed.

PaulS: What does the IDE do with the category information?

It allows you to browse/search libraries by "Topic" in Library Manager(Sketch > Include Library > Manage Libraries...).