IDE 1.8.2 not responding to mouse input on Win7

When i try to use my mouse in IDE 1.8.2 the commands are ignored. any commands from the USB mouse only go so far as showing a tool tip or "highlighting" a button. i cant even use the mouse pointer to redirect the cursor position within a sketch. all these features worked fine on 1.0.6

ive tried disconnecting & reconnecting the mouse, Windows recognises and accepts the commands, just not the IDE. any help appreciated

Does your mouse work OK in the rest of windows?

If so ensure there is no hardware in device manager with missing drivers etc

Also what COM port number are you up to with arduinos ?
Sometimes it gets glitchy after about com 25.
There is a fix for it but will wait to see what you say.

Have you fully cleaned up BEFORE installing a new IDE ?
Instructions attached.

Dont forget to save the sketches folder somewhere safe before any upgrade
Not normally needed but always a safe bet.

CLEAN UP BEFORE INSTALLING ANOTHER COPY OF THE IDE OR ARDUINO CREATE.pdf (345 KB)

thanks I didn't think about doing a clean install. Ill try that now. Also i just tried 1.8.2 on my XP laptop and the mouse pad worked fine in IDE.

the mouse on my Win7 machine works perfectly in all other programs in windows, just not the open IDE sketch.

gonna try a clean install now

Does your mouse work OK in the rest of windows? yep ensure there is no hardware in device manager with missing drivers confirmed Also what COM port number are you up to with arduinos ? I only using COM3

Have you fully cleaned up BEFORE installing a new IDE ? as per the instructions you provided, yep

exactly the same issue after a fresh boot and install

Well that was the easy stuff out of the way LOL.

There was another recent post with a similar (but not totally the same) issue.
Cant spot it off hand.
By any chance did you upload any of the keyboard / mouse emulation type sketches ?

If so maybe throw the BLINK example up to the board.
BTW which board and is it an official one or a clone (we dont care)

Also did you try lock the COM port to a particular number as I have had that cause an issue on win8.

If you can add the last sketch you sent to your board too JIC its something in there but please use code tags ( </> ) to post it.

ANother option that people often report to work is use the Zipped version of the IDE.
Download it…unzip it into a folder and run it directly from there.
You can always set up a shortcut if it works.

There was another recent post with a similar (but not totally the same) issue. yep i saw the one, no solution & was on IDE 1.8.1

did you upload any of the keyboard / mouse emulation type sketches ? no

which board and is it Mega2560 (clone)

did you try lock the COM port to a particular number port is "greyed out" is that because ive not connected the board?

Ill try the Zip version.

Which drivers does your clone use ? The CH340 ? from the chinese site are the only ones I trust. (yea I know its sounds odd)

thats the one

How did you get on so far ? Any improvements ?

Ballscrewbob it works! the last thing i did was re-install the Mega clone drivers (Id already had the ones from the same site you linked) after a reboot mouse operations work perfectly. thanks heaps for the support Ballscrewbob