IDE 2.0 not detecting board on port but old IDE and VS Code have no issues

Hi,

I'm experimenting with IDE 2.0 and I really like it so far because it brings the power of intellisense and other VSCode features into a UI that hides some of the extraneous aspects.

I'm currently using the Sparkfun Qwiic Micro SAMD21 board. I'm running just a basic program to turn on one pin.

The Arduino IDE 1.8 (the old one) and VSCode both are able to detect that the Qwiic Micro is on COM3 if it is running and COM4 if in bootloader state. I'm able to compile and upload without issues.

The Arduino IDE 2.0 is not able to detect any ports at all. How can I solve this?
I am able to compile in IDE 2.0 but I cannot upload.

I need to have this solved today or tomorrow because I'm going to be developing curriculum and training teachers and high schoolers next week.

Thanks!

Hello,

I have the same problem.
In the old arduino IDE, I have a due in port 8, and on the IDE 2.0 beta 4, I can find this port !!

Thanks

Same here. IDE v1.8 works great, but 2.0.0 beta4, the ports show but after selecting, it doesn’t stick.

Win 10 x64 20H2

Hi @codlink. Please provide a detailed description of what you mean by “doesn’t stick”.

It will let me click a port, but when I open Tools>Port again, nothing is checked.

Thanks for the clarification. I understand now. Unfortunately, I don’t know what would cause this symptom and I can’t reproduce it myself.

I will recommend you to update to the 2.0.0-beta.5 version. I don’t have any specific reason to think this will solve your problem, but there have been some very significant improvements since 2.0.0-beta.4, so it’s worth a try. You can download it here:
https://www.arduino.cc/en/software#experimental-software

Using 2.0.0-beta.5 version, same issue, tried with multiple boards. No luck.

Arduino 2.0.0-beta.9 - same issue after fresh install

Similar issue reported here:

same issue here. Arduino Beta 2.0.0 beta 12
Visual Studio on same machine working fine.

Alessandro

Having the same issue, Arduino Beta 2.0.0 beta 12.

I can only do 1 upload to the board because once its resets the IDE cant see the port anymore. The v1.8.16 IDE detects it fine.

Hi. same problem enconted with v2.0 beta 12. Unable to connect (detect) an original uno with the standard ftdi interface. with V1.8, it works fine !!

Hope those problems would be solved soon.
regards

Same problem detected with an esp32-cam and the esp32-cam-mb (ch340 chip).
Works fine on the old Arduino (1.8.15 - COM4) but not in Version 2.0.0 beta12 (no ports found).