IDE-configuration

Hi Guys and Ladies,
I use several different Arduinos and their relatives (from AT-Tiny. Leonardo, ..MKR, ESP8266, ESP32...) within the arduino IDE. And I find it great, that normally everthing works, after I have set the configuration correctly. But I often switch the target, e.g. develop with Leonardo, and then after the logic works switch to AT-Tiny.
How can I store the configuration for a special chip/board? Especially the configuration for ESP8266 and ESP32 seem to be complicated. Currently I am using an installation of Arduino IDE 1.8.5 where I integrated the cores for AT-Tiny, ESP... and the libraries for my favourite sensors/actuators/displays.
Attention: The problem is not the configuration for a special target (I will find that out). The problem is, that I do not want to find out again each time after I have switched the target. So, how can I store the configuration for a specific target. Currently I am taking a screenshot ot the Tools-menu, but this can't be the best way.

I would of thought it wise to develop on the platform you are going to use to ensure full compatibility - memory size etc .

I’m not sure if I’m interpreting this correctly - surely it’s just tools/board type ? .

If you are uncertain , you could always write a comment at the top of your code as to which to select .

hammy:
I would of thought it wise to develop on the platform you are going to use to ensure full compatibility - memory size etc .

I’m not sure if I’m interpreting this correctly - surely it’s just tools/board type ? .

If you are uncertain , you could always write a comment at the top of your code as to which to select .

The AT-Tiny 85 for example is a very limiting chip. It only has 5 usable pins and no hardware UART. So I develop the logic of my application with an arduino, which has an UART, and therefore can use the Serial.print-functions which are very useful for debugging. Of course I know, that switching to another target might create new problems: The arduino-core might be different, RAM or ROM-sizes are different, libraries might not work with special chips.
Sometimes I even develop the logic with a PC-program...

Unfortunately it is not only tools/board type. For the ESP8266 and ESP32 there are many more options. I don't even know the meaning for all of them (see attachment)

Yes, I also use comments: The status-line of the Arduino shows most of the configuration-options. But I have to type them manually :frowning:

Esp8266Settings.jpg

Esp8266Settings.jpg

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.