IDE not detected by Mac Book Pro last generation

I would like to know why i can not connect the arduino board to may new mac, the comouter doesn’t detect it at all is not available in the options of ports, and anything i have tried before about whats on youtube and in blogs seems not to fix my problem.

I would really need a very detailed explanation of which can be the problem origin, and then several ways that would be able to fix this problem.

I downloaded arduino for Mac and then when i connect the hardware the computer does not detect any port as connected. in the tools option it tells me bluetooth arduino something…

I have struggling with that for twoo months and i still haven’t been able to fix it. it really makes me wonder why did i buy something that i can not run with any computer.

Thank you very much!

arnaumag: I would really need a very detailed explanation

arnaumag: in the tools option it tells me bluetooth arduino something.

If you want a detailed explanation from us, why not start by providing some details yourself. Saying "it tells me bluetooth arduino something" is just plain lazy and counterproductive. Maybe that makes sense to you but I can't see your computer so I need you to be very precise with your words.

A common (though not the only) cause of this is using a charge-only or defective USB cable. Verify your USB cable works for data on another device.

What arduino board are you using?