IDE wrongly identify my Uno board as Mega 2560

At Tools >board it recognize my board as Arduino Genuino/Uno, but in Com port- it suggest Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560

Is it OK? or it is the cause of the failing to upload the scetch, and print the messege:

avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 10 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x98

Thank you in advance for help

Its the cause of your problem.

Use the drop down list for the boards to select the correct board and com port.

Easy mistake to make and it only gets worse when you have a lot of boards to play with ;)

Thanks for your reply. Although I selected the "Arduino/Genuino uno" from the drop-down menu, While I select the COM port, the IDE write in the drop-down menu "Com 3 Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560" It seems that I don't know how to change that.

Just made a very quick VIDEO HERE.

Lets see if it is of use to you.

You want the "board" selection to match your actual board. It shouldn't matter if the com port has the wrong "guess" about what kind of board you have - that's just info based on the USB VID/PID. It is easy for me to imagine a board that has been configured with the wrong USB info (especially if it's a clone of some variety.) But it shouldn't affect uploadability. I'm not sure whether the IDE propagates the "guess" from the "port" setting to the Board setting; make sure it shows correctly in the lower right corner as per Bob's video. Perhaps re-set the board type AFTER selecting the port.