idea on building ground water or bore water detector

Hello Experts

I was Googling hard for building a ground water detector But it seems look like I am not able to find one. So would u guys please guide me to build a simple ground water detector so that it will be easy to me to put a bore well

Get a forked stick, hold it by the forks with the stick horizontal. Walk around until the sticks pulls down.

Google water divining.

Weedpharma

weedpharma: Get a forked stick, hold it by the forks with the stick horizontal. Walk around until the sticks pulls down.

Google water divining.

Weedpharma

weedpharma: Get a forked stick, hold it by the forks with the stick horizontal. Walk around until the sticks pulls down.

Google water divining.

Weedpharma

Yeah that was good idea but I am looking something with Arduino so I can get exact level of water .is there some kind of sensor for that ?

With the information given, that was the best I could think of.

Give some information we can use.

Weedpharma

saifkazi: is there some kind of sensor for that ?

That is a question for a Geologist, not a computer programmer.

...R

Hi,

Get a forked stick, hold it by the forks with the stick horizontal. Walk around until the sticks pulls down.

I find willow is the best, although bending a length of fencing wire into a Y works for me as well.

Definitely a geologist or agricultural scientific type person would be of help.

Tom...... :)

Even the best geophysical equipment in the world doesn't directly detect water below the ground. It will show variations in magnetic properties, conductivity and densities etc.., but you have to know what you're doing to even guess which readings are indicating possible water. Then you dig. Until you hit it, you can't be sure if it's water or just some other rock strata or landfill waste.

Maybe a stress gauge attached to the willow twig is as good as any other method.

Google water divining.

Weedpharma

It's worth $1,000,000 to anyone who can make that work enough to beat pure chance. That's what the James Randi Foundation offers for evidence of WOO! and so far the dowsers have failed.

GoForSmoke: It's worth $1,000,000 to anyone who can make that work enough to beat pure chance. That's what the James Randi Foundation offers for evidence of WOO! and so far the dowsers have failed.

But they didn't have an arduino holding the twig :)

Go for it.

saifkazi: Yeah that was good idea but I am looking something with Arduino so I can get exact level of water .is there some kind of sensor for that ?

Your OP is not really clear on exactly what you want to do. Are you wanting find a place to dig for water or are you wanting to find how deep below ground the water is in an existing well?

Weedpharma

weedpharma: Your OP is not really clear on exactly what you want to do. Are you wanting find a place to dig for water or are you wanting to find how deep below ground the water is in an existing well?

Weedpharma

Actually I was finding place to dig for water but with some otherway I had used dowser technique

saifkazi: Actually I was finding place to dig for water but with some otherway I had used dowser technique

If you really want to find a place to drill a well ask a geologist or a well driller.

If you just want to amuse yourself try an Arduino.

...R