Ideas on Autonomous plane controlled over internet

Hello everyone. I want to build an autonomous flying wing that I can control it and tell it where to go over internet. For example I click on a location on the map with my pc, And the plane goes to that point and start circling there. Or If the internet connection is lost, the plane returns to home location (almost all like ardupilot, but it can be controlled over the internet (LTE)) And additionally I have the ability to control the plane with my keyboard (like a radio controller) and see the live camera (FPV) on the plane.
I don’t know what electronic devices and platforms to use, I can use arduino with multiwii but don’t know how to control it over internet or how to use waypoint mission with multiwii. Or maybe I can use an android phone or a raspberry pie for the navigation system which tells the multiwii system where to go.
Actually I want to build a flying wing and cover the whole vehicle with solar panels so it can fly for several hours and I can control with my laptop over the internet and explore around my city or even send it to a near city.

What (Arduino) projects have You done before?

What country are you in? Pretty sure this would be illegal in the US, where you are limited to 400 feet above ground elevation and the vehicle must remain within sight.
https://www.faa.gov/search/?omni=MainSearch&q=drone+limitations

https://www.faa.gov/uas/commercial_operators/

What safety systems are you intending putting into place to ensure that your plane does not form a hazard for people carrying aeroplanes and helicopters ?

CrossRoads:
What country are you in? Pretty sure this would be illegal in the US, where you are limited to 400 feet above ground elevation and the vehicle must remain within sight.

And in the UK.

For all the obvious reasons of course.

Railroader:
What (Arduino) projects have You done before?

I built a car with 2 dc motors which I can control it over the internet and see the real time camera installed on it. For example I can go around my house and see everywhere when I’m not home. And it has a parking which charges the batteries and I park it remotely. And a radio transmitter and receiver for my homemade rc plane. Using Arduino and nRF24L01

CrossRoads:
https://www.faa.gov/search/?omni=MainSearch&q=drone+limitations

https://www.faa.gov/uas/commercial_operators/

I live in Iran and we have these things too so I will fly it in some places which I believe doesn’t cause any kind of problem related to these.

srnet:
What safety systems are you intending putting into place to ensure that your plane does not form a hazard for people carrying aeroplanes and helicopters ?

Sorry I didn’t understand what you mean

It looks to me like you are trying to solve too many issues at the same time. I imaging building an airframe that is big and light enough to have solar panels that can generate enough energy for flying is already a big task.

I think you should look at one issue that you would like to solve and start gaining experience with that.

Regarding the safety systems. Maybe you should learn a little bit about piloting. I do not know the situation in Iran, but maybe you can find some local hobby pilots (sailplane, hang gliders, paragliders) that can help you get started with regulations.

Did anyone read that the OP wants to build a flying wing? The least stable of ANY aircraft. I saw a small one in a museum in Southern California and it did fly at one time. All current flying wings are military and cost several billions of dollars to design and produce the software to control it.

May I suggest the OP begin by building the craft and getting the on-board computer to control it, then add the remote abilities.

Paul

erfan_m14:
Sorry I didn’t understand what you mean

In that case, I guess there is no point in asking if you have had any conversations with an insurance broker. You might also talk to your local military. They seem to be a bit casual about shooting at flying things over there.

R/C flying wings are actually pretty common. The FPV people like using them. Typically built out of styrofoam.

If you want it to go places and hang around for awhile, maybe a dirigible would work better? Then solar would probably be enough to power it.

-jim lee

erfan_m14:
So I will fly it in some places which I believe doesn’t cause any kind of problem related to these.

Is that a contradiction of what you said earlier .......................

"explore around my city or even send it to a near city".

So we assume you do intend to fly around cities, as in populated places.

Your plane is flying around some city many miles away and coming up fast behind your plane is an air ambulance helicopter about to land to pick someone up, how does your plane detect the helicopter and move out of the way ?

Is it just my twisted American perspective?

I can't be the only one wondering about the prudence of assisting an Iranian create, produce and/or improve an autonomous aircraft.

Also my American paranoia - seems quite clear this thread has already crossed the screens of many interested listening parties, only a few of which we really know anything at all about, at least as compared to what they know about us.

a7

Yes it probably is, and, no you probably aren't. But not to worry. I guess you have forgotten that the Iranian military recovered an American UAV in full working order some years ago, so I doubt that the stuff coming from an Arduino forum will be too dangerous. And here's a thought - I recall that UAV was a flying wing, and so may have been the inspiration for this thread.....

alto777:
Is it just my twisted American perspective?

I can't be the only one wondering about the prudence of assisting an Iranian create, produce and/or improve an autonomous aircraft.

Also my American paranoia - seems quite clear this thread has already crossed the screens of many interested listening parties, only a few of which we really know anything at all about, at least as compared to what they know about us.

a7

I also considered that, but am willing to wait for more information, which we never got.

Paul

Nick_Pyner:
But not to worry. I guess you have forgotten that the Iranian military recovered an American UAV in full working order some years ago

They will be able to get more practice with the OP's flying machine :slight_smile:

...R

:slight_smile:
(first time I have ever used an emoji)

Robin2:
They will be able to get more practice with the OP's flying machine :slight_smile:

...R

At least. And there's more to worry about than government organizations. A simple inexpensive design using parts available at a fraction of what a reverse-engineered American UAV would cost seems like something of interest.

Of course they can just subscribe to hobby magazines I suppose.

Just sayin'. I have wondered about other projects, too, like "I need to close a relay using my cellular telephone and it is quite important that only the signal from my cellphone does."

a7

alto777:
I have wondered about other projects, too, like "I need to close a relay using my cellular telephone and it is quite important that only the signal from my cellphone does."

"I want to be able to adjust the fins of my model rocket"