Idling stepper motor

Hello!
So I want to idle my stepper motor (cut power from it) It is driven by DM542 stepper driver and has two terminals ENABLE+ and ENABLE-. (5-24VDC)

The manual says: This signal is used for enabling/disabling the driver. High level (NPN control signal, PNP and other control signals are on the contrary, namely low level for enabling.) for enabling the driver and low level for disabling the driver. Usually left UNCONNECTED ( ENABLED).

So if I understand this correctly, if I connect it up and have a low signal on the terminal it will be enabled and diabled with 24VDC running trough?

Here is the link to the manual: https://kitaez-cnc.com/f/dm542.pdf (page 3)

Thank you!

Its just another opto-isolated signal like step and direction, active the opto isolator to disable the drive.
Internally it is likely to have a resistor suitable for 5V operation, an external extra resistor would be used
for higher voltages (fairly typical for opto isolated industrial equipment).

MarkT:
Its just another opto-isolated signal like step and direction, active the opto isolator to disable the drive.
Internally it is likely to have a resistor suitable for 5V operation, an external extra resistor would be used
for higher voltages (fairly typical for opto isolated industrial equipment).

Thanks for the anwser! One more question, for a brief time I was signaling pul and dir inputs with 24vdc without extra external resistors. The driver still works normaly. Do you know why there was no damage or could any problems arise from this?

Check the driver manual/datasheet for the allowed voltage on or current into the optoisolator input.

You may have damaged it, but not yet fatally.