iduino compatible with port manipulation

Hi
Can I use Port Manipulation with the iduino? Will it work the same as with my old arduino amtega8 ?

And do I have to pre-program it or do something other than just plug it and use it, like my old arduino?

best

nico

It might be a simple question but I need to buy a bunch of them and just want to make sure

I’ve already answered nykffa’s questions via email, but I’ll post the response here for all concerned.

Can I use Port Manipulation with the iduino? Will it work the same as with my old arduino amtega8 ?

Yes, the iDuino uses the same ATmega168 used in the (newer) Arduino NG and Diecimila. Any code which runs on Arduino boards should run without issue on the iDuino.

The port variables are consistent between the ATmega8 and the ATmega168 however if your using any other lowlevel variables, you may need to rename them. All of the lowlevel attributes are compatible, they just renamed a few.

And do I have to pre-program it or do something other than just plug it and use it, like my old arduino?

No, the bootloader is preprogrammed; you can download your code exactly the same way with the IDE.

Thank you very much