Ignition retard for my Ignition Cut module.

Hello.
I was working on Ignition Cut module for my V8 Engine, i saw on YouTube that it produces alot of Fire and Bang from exhaust because it cuts ignition but doesn't cut Fuel delivery.

I've successfully made Prototype Board with 8 Relays and Arduino which cuts ignition and i smell fuel in exhaust BUT no Flame neither BANGs... I guess it doesn't ignite the fuel in exhaust but blows it out.

Soo i think i have to make my Ignition Retard by some degrees after ignition got CUT.

I have discovered that many Piggybank ECU Systems read's Crankshaft sensor (1 wire of it) and somehow edit's signal(retards it) and sends back to Original ECU.
The car is BMW and CrankShaft sensor is 60-2 magnetic crank, magnetic sync.

Any idea how to do it with Arduino? :roll_eyes:

Are you sure the YT version doesn't add a spark plug to the exhaust system to ignite the raw fuel producing the fireworks?

Blackfin:
Are you sure the YT version doesn't add a spark plug to the exhaust system to ignite the raw fuel producing the fireworks?

Nope, i am able to modify original ECU to make it Shot from exhaust once or twince just by adding a bit more fuel and retard ignition like -15*.

Can't figure out how to gather square wave signal from crank sensor and retard it

You probably want to intercept each coil-control signal (low-side switched by the ECU, typically) and apply the delay there rather than delaying the crank sensor. Doing the latter will likely result in other problems including OBD code(s) for crank/cam phasing.

Have a look at Autolabs Megajolt - I think the code for that is open source and may help in your venture.
Retarding the ignition can generate a lot of heat , if you have fuel injection , cutting fuel is worth a look .

Blackfin:
You probably want to intercept each coil-control signal (low-side switched by the ECU, typically) and apply the delay there rather than delaying the crank sensor. Doing the latter will likely result in other problems including OBD code(s) for crank/cam phasing.

Erm, I Could delay each coil but my board with 8 coils and Delay in it will be big also i don't know how much to delay and when? (10ms will be other for 3000rpm and other for 6000rpm)
Thats why i think its a bad idea, better would be based on cranksensor.