Ikea led table guide

Hey @monkey12 I‘ve spent as much time as I am going to trying to find this original project.

Exactly none.

Please supply a link to where you got onto this. Then maybe we can help you.

a7

THX. Since I’m not the only one who might benefit, I post the link you sent to me via PM.

a7

If I'd known it was an Instructable earlier, I could've ignored the topic from the start.

1 Like

Why ?

There is a very low bar for Instructables, that is to say there is no bar at all.

Many Instructables about things I know anything at all about are sketchty at best, some are dangerous junk.

I often wonder about the Instructables covering things I know less or even nothing about - are they legit, to be learned from? or dangerous junk.

So I take my advices and guidance elsewhere. I like the pretty pictures on Instructables, and ppl do get up to some interesting projects, but Imma start from scratch having been inspired rather than blindly step into the mess an Instructable might turn out to be.

When you are old(er), anything that might be a waste of what time is left is to be avoided. :expressionless:

Now that's all harsh, multiply by 0.87 for how I actually feel.

a7

Ok that mean for me you cannot help me ?

I'll assume you mean to say you know nothing about programming and the Arduino.

This Instructable is not suitable for someone who knows nothing.

Start with some simpler projects.

Find test or example programs for each of the pieces of hardware that will go into your final design and gather some experience using them in isolation.

Study and experiment with the basic examples in the IDE.

While doing that, take a closer look at the software that would go into the IKEA table and see if you can start identifying how the little bits and pieces are arranged to make a whole.

You are trying to run before you've begun to crawl. Choosing that Instructable as a starting point is bound to be frustrating.

Just read the comments there. You are not alone in finding that the instructions are clearly targeted at ppl who can meet the designer well more than halfway, and maybe even then would be hard to duplicate his success following.

This is all hard until it is easy. Do yourself a favor and put in the work it will take to begin from the beginning not jump into the ocean off a cliff.

HTH

a7

I understand you completely and appreciate this too !!! It is probably best to work it off bit by bit. It's just a shame that I have already finished the table and the LED. Soldered, etc. What I definitely know is that he reads everything from the SD card and plays it back. (GLEDIATOR)
Lg

More than one characters make a string, and it is usually enclosed by a pair of double quotes like : "</>". Am I confused in saying so?

Well, obviously, I wasn't going to use ", because that's the symbol immediately to the left of the '</>' symbol, and I didn't want to confuse the noob.
But thanks for your concern, and the demonstration of your ignorance of multi-character literals.

multicharacterliterals

Seeking your wise comments.

I've already given you an example of a multi-character literal.
Consisting, as it does, of three characters, it isn't particularly useful on AVRs, but perfectly acceptable on SAM or ESP.

("Multi" from the Latin "multus", meaning much or many, and "character" ultimately from Greek, meaning a stamping tool, if it was etymology you were looking for.
A bit of a mongrel word, like "television")

1 Like

"Multi", "multus", "character", and "television" -- these are, to my understanding, multi-charcater literals (notations) instead of these: 'multi', 'multus', 'character', and 'television'.

No, those are string literals.

What would appear on the Serial Monitor of Arduino UNO if I could execute the following code?

Serial.print('abcd', DEC);

I really don't know why you:d make it so hard for yourself, when HEX would make the interpretation so much easier.

Because I have found the following code in the net, whose output is not interpretable by my intellect.

// C program to demonstrate
// Multicharacter literal
#include <stdio.h>
int main()
{
    printf("%d", 'abcd');
    return 0;
}

Output: 1633837924

Well, if you can't use HEX, try %08x instead.

The following codes are excuted in Arduino IDE.

Serial.println('abcd', DEC);    //shows: 25444 in decimal base
Serial.println('abcd', HEX);    //shows: 6364 in hex base

How to relate 0x6364 with 'abcd'? Any hints would be very helpful.

In fact, what is the meaning of 'abcd' in Computer Science?

ASCII