ILI9163V controller for newhaven sunlight readable TFT

I need a small sunlight readable TFT for a project Im working on (e-ink is probably not an option), and there isnt much choice out there! Pretty much the only one Im aware off, is this one from New Haven:

http://www.newhavendisplay.com/nhd18128160efcsxnf-p-9493.html

It has a ILI9163V controller in it. I cant find any arduino libraries for that, only for the ILI9163C

The display specs state '8/16 bit parallel interface'. Am I right saying the ILI9163V doesnt do SPI ? How hard would it be to control this display? Im new to arduino, and not a very experienced developer. But if there is a "hello world" example somewhere, I can probably manage to do what I need to do.

Same part number, same basic chip. The letter at the end is usually package or revision.

These COG chips pretty much all do serial (3 or 4 wire), and parallel (8,9,16,18 bit). The connections
to the chip are not always all brought out however - typically the support circuitry generates the
many voltage rails needed (5 or 6 rails is typical for a TFT), and brings out at least one of the
comms busses. Occasionally there is a bare display with no support circuitry - run away from these.
Seriously, run away from them. Support circuitry is either on the flat-flex cable itself or on a PCB, and
involves a bunch of SMT ceramic capacitors.

You need to have some experience to figure out an unknown TFT driver - if there isn't any example
code you will need to go through the datasheet with a fine-tooth comb and figure out exactly how
to set every field in every register (typically 100 or so registers) at start up... Often you find
C code (not for Arduino) out there, and you look for its init() function - that provides a known
good setup. However the setup can vary for different actual displays.

The TFT spec sheet and manual dont mention SPI, so I assume it doesnt support it, or the wires arent brought out. I found this how to on 8 bit parallel interfaces:

This part:
Wiring up the 8-bit mode is kind of a pain, so we really only recommend doing it for UNO (which we show) and Mega (which we describe, and is pretty easy since its 8 pins in a row). Anything else, like a Leonardo or Micro, we strongly recommend going with SPI mode since we don't have an example for that. Any other kind of 'Arduino compatible' that isn't an Uno, try SPI first. The 8-bit mode is hand-tweaked in the Adafruit_TFTLCD pin_magic.h file. Its really only for advanced users who are totally cool with figuring out bitmasks for various ports & pins.

Scared me enough not to try, particularly because I had hoped to use adafruits library, and I will not be able to use an arduino uno (not enough memory for my purpose).

Its a shame though. It would be perfect for any outdoor project, I cant imagine Im the only one needing that. I have seen the newhaven 5.7" sunlight readable TFTs, and they truly are, well, sunlight readable, unlike any other TFTs Ive ever seen. They are not expensive either.

But so be it, I'll have to forgo color then, and try my luck with a Sharp memory display I ordered, and maybe try E-ink. Thanks for the help.

actually, on second thought.. I may just try following that tutorial with an arduino Uno. I could use 2 arduino's, the Uno to drive that display, and a nano for the stepper and the rest of the code. I could probably find room for that.

I am assuming they really mean what they write, literally, and I cant just swap the Uno for a nano, because of the hardcoded bitmask pinout thing?