ILI9341 and Atmega1284 Problem

I am trying to drive an ILI9341 2.4 inch display with an Atmega1284. The display is the 8 bit parallel version. I have successfully burned the boot loader to the 1284 and have tested it with the blink sketch. All works great. However once I loaded the mcufriend graphic test, I got the error message error compiling for atmega1284. Everything worked on an UNO.

Libraries are
mcufriend_kbv
adafruit GFX

I tried a blank sketch and included just the mcufriend library and the same error message popped up so the problem has to be with this library.

If it helps I'm using mcudude mightycore for the 1284.

If anyone can help, it would be very much appreciated. I've already been messing with this for hours.

ps: In another thread someone mentioned the ucglib library would work for these drivers. They seemed to have had a similar problem also but the IDE would't let me add this library to test it.

error message=
This is only the first few and last few lines. The rest was too long (over 9000 characters).

Arduino: 1.8.10 (Windows 10), Board: "ATmega1284, No bootloader, Standard pinout, 1284, BOD 2.7V, LTO disabled, External 16 MHz"

Multiple libraries were found for "SPI.h"
Used: C:\Users\Alec\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\MightyCore\hardware\avr\2.0.3\libraries\SPI
Multiple libraries were found for "Adafruit_GFX.h"
Used: C:\Users\Alec\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit-GFX-Library-master
Multiple libraries were found for "MCUFRIEND_kbv.h"
Used: C:\Users\Alec\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MCUFRIEND_kbv-master
exit status 1
Error compiling for board ATmega1284.

roessleralec:

Multiple libraries were found for "SPI.h"

Used: C:\Users\Alec\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\MightyCore\hardware\avr\2.0.3\libraries\SPI
Multiple libraries were found for "Adafruit_GFX.h"
Used: C:\Users\Alec\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit-GFX-Library-master
Multiple libraries were found for "MCUFRIEND_kbv.h"
Used: C:\Users\Alec\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MCUFRIEND_kbv-master

These are not error messages. They are just some helpful information the Arduino IDE provides. They are not the cause of the error. That said, there is absolutely no good reason you should have multiple copies of any of these libraries installed. This indicates that you are taking a "shotgun" approach to library installation, strewing libraries to random locations on your computer without really understanding what you are doing. That is not the path to success with Arduino. Instead, you should learn the correct way to install libraries and only install a single copy of each library to the correct location. You can learn about installing Arduino libraries by reading this:

roessleralec:

exit status 1

Error compiling for board ATmega1284.

This is very strange because the output doesn't contain any indication of what caused the exit status 1. I'll request that you post the verbose compilation output in the hopes that will provide a clue to what went wrong.

Please do this:

• (In the Arduino IDE) click File > Preferences
  • Check the box next to "Show verbose output during: > compilation
  • Click "OK"
  • Sketch > Verify/Compile
  • After the compilation fails you'll see a button on the right side of the orange bar "Copy error messages". Click that button.
  • In a forum reply here, click on the reply field.
  • Click the </> button on the forum toolbar. This will add the forum's code tags markup to your reply.
  • Press "Ctrl + V". This will paste the compilation output between the code tags.
  • Move the cursor outside of the code tags before you add any additional text to your reply.

If the length of the output exceeds the forum's 9000 character limit, save it in a .txt file and post it here as an attachment. If you click the "Reply" button you'll see the "Attachments and other options" link.

Thanks for your response. The libraries issue is because I think I had for instance the regular SPI library but theirs also an Adafruit SPI. My hunch is that it came with one of other libraries I installed.

I have another library for a .96 inch OLED and it compiles just fine with all the same settings so it must be something about this library.
Since that is the case, is there another library that I could try that may work?

arduino error message 1284.txt (191 KB)