Im looking for a servo ... ideally

Hi,

Im trying to control multiple mirrors using servos. My code is working well but the servos are letting me down. I am using 9 gram Tower Pros. Very cheap so they were good for prototyping. Now I need something with a little more class. I require a much smoother action of the servo. The tower pro can jitter quite badly while moving. I was hoping someone here could point me in the right direction. Im going to need ten of these in total so i dont want to break the bank with them.

Thanks in advance

Rob

Are you using servo.write to position the servos? servo.writeMicroseconds(uS) gives finer control and may smooth the action. Also adding a 0.1uf cap across the power input to the servo can help "jittering".

Thats interesting i will give that a go right now. Will order up a capacitor to give it a go too.

Will report back :)

How are you powering these servos? The issue may simply be inadequate power if you're moving multiple servos at the same time.

Currently just running 2 as i am without an external power supply. That will be implemented in due course. It runs smoother now for sure. Still some jitter so will add the capacitor when i can and go from there. Thankyou