I'm new and I don't know what this means, HELP!

Arduino: 1.6.4 (Mac OS X), Board: "Arduino Uno"

Sketch uses 1,030 bytes (3%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32,256 bytes. Global variables use 9 bytes (0%) of dynamic memory, leaving 2,039 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2,048 bytes. avrdude: ser_open(): can't open device "/dev/cu.Bluetooth-Modem": Resource busy ioctl("TIOCMGET"): Inappropriate ioctl for device Problem uploading to board. See http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#upload for suggestions.

This report would have more information with "Show verbose output during compilation" enabled in File > Preferences.

This error showed up during my first "Blink" project. I've checked the troubleshooting page, and I can't find a thing.

What should I do?

Thanks!!

You're choosing the wrong USB port to upload your sketch, choose tty USB.....

Things about opening device indicate that the wrong serial port was selected from tools menu, or that something else is already using the serial port (or at least the OS thinks something is - on windows at least, it occasionally gets confused if you’re plugging and unplugging things).

In this case, it looks like you’ve selected a bluetooth device that is already in use by another application (ie, you’ve managed both of the above causes), instead of your Uno :wink:

I'm essentially having the same problem, but not having any luck either. I purchased the Edison - Arduino starter kit. The Arduino board is supposed to be "compatible" with the Arduino Uno board. From my Mac, I can connect to the board over use using : screen /dev/cu.usbserial-A502LSBZ 115200 -L then login as root, and do normal shell things.

However, when I try using the Arduino IDE to upload one of the examples (SoftwareSerial), it fails with the error: ioctl(TIOCMGET): Inappropriate ioctl for device.

I've confirmed that the Tools - Board is set to Arduino Uno, and Tools - port is set to cu.usbserial-A502LSBZ, and that "screen" isn't running when trying to upload the example program.

Lastly, I've confirmed that under Apple - About this mac - System Report, that the Edison board does show up as a usb device.

Any help would be appreciated.