I'm new. Please help me with this coding

https://components101.com/switches/push-button

Also what is that three pinned device on the board?
If it is a voltage regulator then in needs capacitors on the input and output. If your tutorial had no capacitors then it was written by an idiot. Find a better tutorial.

No, wire across the corners, and have the switch bridge the gap in the middle of the bread board.

That is a breach of the forum rules, you should not have done this.

Your other account has been DELETED.

We do not allow sock puppet's.

I understand, I didn’t want you guys to think I’m ignoring what you said

But I have a different button. It has only 2 pins not 4

Then it probably was wired up correctly maybe it was not making contact. You should check it by writing a code that turns the on board LED on and off depending on the state of the button press.

The other thing is to put capacitors on that regulator. All regulators need them but the values depend on the manufactures of your specific regulator. Look up their data sheet to see the recommend value. Note that this is a minimum value and it can be higher with no ill effects.

1 Like

Thank you very much. I will do so. I will let you know if it works. Thanks again.

Your third account has been permanently silenced.
Create any more sock puppets and all your accounts will be disabled.

READ THE RULES !

Hi,
Lets get serious troubleshooting here. :smiley:

Can you please draw a schematic of your project, use pen(cil) and paper, label all the pins you use and include the TO-220 device that is also connected to the servo and your board.

Thanks.. Tom... :smiley: :+1: :coffee: :australia:

Dude, my accounts were bsaka and bsaka2. I don't have any other accounts. As far as I know You banned the bsaka2. I am sorry for creating a second account it wont happen again, but as I said it happened once.

Thanks for Your help. You would have never guessed the problem. You didn't stand a chance against how stupid issue it was. I didn't push te regulator fully into the board and it wasn't making contact, because I didn't want to break it. Anyways thanks for all of Your help.

Hi,
What are you supplying the 5V regulator from?
You need some capacitors around that regulator too.
PLEASE look at a data sheet for the regulator and follow its recommendations.

A circuit diagram would still be a help even though you have solved your problem.

Thanks.. Tom... :smiley: :+1: :coffee: :australia:

1 Like

Thanks for the help. I am supplying the circuit with a 9v battery. I have also added capacitors where they should be. I will send the diagram tomorrow because it’s 16 minutes past midnight and I need to go to sleep. This is a big project so I will probably have plenty more problems and questions for you guys anyway. Again thank you for your help.