"I'm not a robot" captcha ?

I haven't been very active on this forum lately but since today (yesterday?) the login page contains a captcha. Till now I have ignored it and been able to log in.

Normal or a new annoying feature?

I've never seen it before and I see it now so I think it's new.

They have been twiddling with the site and now it's a right PITA to sign in as Roboform no longer works as expected.
I would hope the captcha is only relevant to new users as I don't feel like doing Googles AI checking for them every time I login.

It does not seem necessary to use it. I managed to login without clicking the captcha.

So at this stage I'm not sure what it's for.

Would be also good to see the new types of captcha/verifications where you have to rotate the animals, anyone else seen this? Iā€™ve seen them mainly on dropbox when I log in.

I can imagine a captcha for registration. But for a login page, no. Am I missing something?

It seems to be gone, since a while.

I'm starting to see this again in the past few days... I'm not a robot, this is so annoying...

I can't even save a "quick edit" any more, I need to go to full Edit (Modify) and then I get the captcha hell dialog...

couldn't this be smarter ? I'm posting here often enough that the forum should know I'm not a robot.... or do I post too much that it thinks I am ? :o :disappointed_relieved: :sob:

Here's a topic specifically about the problem with Quick Edit:

This might provide an explanation of the recent increase in the captcha problems:

thx - changing the forum software has been long needed...

whilst I like the simple aspect of the forum, there are things that are harder than necessary for new comers (like posting images), lack of video, impossible to use colors within code tags (to draw attention to something), ....

and I've heard life is not easy for moderators...

there are some choices out there without reinventing the wheel...

Bottom of the page

Cloudflare Ray ID: 569b422ec87ff48a ā€¢ Your IP: aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd ā€¢ Performance & security by Cloudflare

Hi everyone!

I've applied some changes to our security settings for the forum's HTTP requests being 'challenged' with a captcha. Changes should be LIVE within the next hour or so.

Could you please keep me posted whether the captcha is bothering you again or if it solved now? Thank you!

Gian

gvarisco:
Hi everyone!

I've applied some changes to our security settings for the forum's HTTP requests being 'challenged' with a captcha. Changes should be LIVE within the next hour or so.

Could you please keep me posted whether the captcha is bothering you again or if it solved now? Thank you!

Gian

Hi Gian, quick feedback after a couple days: it seems the annoying captcha stuff is gone. Thanks !

Watch some online video's on recapture, Definitely it will help you