Image not found

Hi there,

if have just started ARDUINO.... Software installed without trouble Device connected - Green Light on But when I try to upload a sketch, I get an error: Der Sketch verwendet 1.030 Bytes (3%) des Programmspeicherplatzes. Das Maximum sind 32.256 Bytes. Globale Variablen verwenden 9 Bytes (0%) des dynamischen Speichers, 2.039 Bytes für lokale Variablen verbleiben. Das Maximum sind 2.048 Bytes. dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/lib/libedit.3.dylib Referenced from: /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/tools/avr/bin/avrdude_bin Reason: image not found

The first is just german stuff about size etc. I use a MACBOOK pro Mac OS X Version 10.6.8

Arduino Software 1.6.1 An the device is an Arduino UNO

Any idea what is wrong with my system?

Cheers Joerg

Why not post in the German forum instead?

Pete

Can you give it in English?

yes - here it is in english:

The sketch uses 1.030 Bytes (3%) of the available program storage space. The maximum is 32.256 Bytes.

Global variables use 9 Bytes (0%) of the dynamic storage space, 2.039 Bytes for local variables are still available. The maximum are 2.048 Bytes.

dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/lib/libedit.3.dylib Referenced from: /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/tools/avr/bin/avrdude_bin Reason: image not found

I hope this translation clarifies the error. As I had trouble with connecting to the image, I tried with a sample sketch - still the same result.

Thanks for your help

JoergK did you find a solution to this problem? I have the same peoblem.

I imported a TinkerKit library. I can see the TinkerKit library and examples in the IDE, and my sketch compiles OK, but I get that same error message:

Sketch uses 7,216 bytes (25%) of program storage space. Maximum is 28,672 bytes. Global variables use 210 bytes (8%) of dynamic memory, leaving 2,350 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2,560 bytes. dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/lib/libedit.3.dylib Referenced from: /Applications/Utilities/Arduino/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/tools/avr/bin/avrdude_bin Reason: image not found

OSX 10.6.8 IDE 1.6.1

Please help!

According to this post, the following command fixed the problem.

cd /usr/lib
sudo ln -s libedit.2.dylib libedit.3.dylib

It worked.