Image Processing

Hi,

I want to "count" credit cards and envelops while they are abreast along. I have seen some products and these products use a camera. So i thought that they do this job with counting "lines" when camera looks to envelops (or credit cards) above.

An Arduino Due would be slow product for image processing? And do you have any idea or experiment for such project?

Regards

Could you give a better explanation of how you want to "count" those objects? No arduino can do image processing. If you are dead set on using image processing, then you need to get a RPi or a small computer that has enough memory and processing power.

A simpler solution would be to use IR or a laser beam, if the beam is cut then you know something has passed in front of it and so it gets counted. I don't think it is legal to take pictures of credit cards.

HazardsMind: Could you give a better explanation of how you want to "count" those objects? No arduino can do image processing. If you are dead set on using image processing, then you need to get a RPi or a small computer that has enough memory and processing power.

A simpler solution would be to use IR or a laser beam, if the beam is cut then you know something has passed in front of it and so it gets counted. I don't think it is legal to take pictures of credit cards.

Thanks for quick answer. I will not take any pictures from crdit cards. There is a misunderstanding. There is a product which does what i want exactly :

http://www.paneleven.com/products-and-services/datacard-snooper-sq45-card-counting-system/

It counts smart cards . It uses a camera lens. And i want to develop such tool. (for smart cards and envelops )

And if i can find a way for such image processing then i can use a developing board which uses linux OS (Arduino Tre can be a good choice in near future)

Regards

simsekm: And if i can find a way for such image processing then i can use a developing board which uses linux OS (Arduino Tre can be a good choice in near future)

I would get whatever you are wanting to do working on a standard Linux system first, and then you can look at downsizing to one of the Arm boxes (Rasberry Pi, Beagle Bone Black, pcDunio, etc.). Don't hobble yourself when you are doing the initial development with a potentially slow machine, that may not have full support. Get it working first, and then optimize for size. If an Arm Linux isn't suitable, you can get x86 in micro-ATX form factors with small cases.

OpenCV is probably the software you want to use (http://opencv.org/), but there are likely other solutions as well. Search out appropriate Linux or OpenCV forums to ask questions of.