Image to const unsigned char?

Hello i have this image i would like to display on the Tvout library. Now from what i read is that it has to be 120x96. But I'm betting my image is way bigger in size. Plus i need to converter it into a hexadecimal in order to display it. So my question is how can i converter it what do i need for that? And I'm pretty sure the tvout library is only black and white so Do i need to convert the color of the image to black and white? I'm a little lost on this subject can someone please point me in the right direction. Thank you.

To start, it's just "convert", not "converter"...

"I'm betting my image is way bigger in size"...you could just check the size...

As to "So my question is how can i converter it what do i need for that?"
I mean...I just googled "convert image to hexadecimal" and the very first, not the second, but the very first link converts images to a hexadecimal string, which is exactly what you are looking for...yay google...

"And I'm pretty sure the tvout library is only black and white " It is only black and white, I checked

"Do i need to convert the color of the image to black and white?" The tool above will do this for you if you choose black and white only

*nix machines include a tool called "convert" which can convert between various image formats.

But regardless of what conversion tool you use, converting a graphic image to a data array usually isn't as easy as just running a converter tool.

Unless you happen to find a specific tool that does the conversion for this specific application,
you will also have to know how the target pixels need to be encoded.
There are many ways pixel encoding can be done and if the encoding of the data doesn't match what the TVout library expects, you will get garbage.

pixels can be encoded horizontally or vertically within the data elements and the elements can vary in size and could big or little endian if using larger than 8 bit data elements.

Because there are so many ways pixel data can be encoded in data arrays, there is no simple "it just works" tool that will do the conversion for the format you will need.

You will have to do a bit of digging to understand the target data format to ensure that you have a tool that can generate that format or how to tell the conversion tool to generate the format you need.

And then, even when the tool outputs a data array with the needed encoding, you still likely have go in and tweak/modify the output since to get the data stored in FLASH on an AVR processor you have to use some AVR proprietary declaration directives (like PROGMEM).

--- bill

Hello i know what i did wrong. Let me explain maybe this will help others too.

First i uploaded the sketch and library tvout from TV-Out-with-Arduino Library link here after that i did the normal test of making sure everything was working. It did no problem But i went into the Schematic.cpp library because that is where the images that are being draw on the screen. I didn't know what kind of code that was. So i looked around on google and found out it was a Hexadecimal characters. So i went into windows paint made a simple plain text image white background black text. size of 90 in width and 50 in height. then i went online and found the hexadecimal in google and found this site Hexamecimal link here i uploaded the image and it gave me the code. But the problem is went i went to put that code in i got junk on the screen not the text i was looking at all. So i looked and looked and didn't think of it into i went and looked at the top of the code and it said 120x96 that is the size not sure if it is the size of the image or what. So i change it to match the size of the image 90x50 and it worked i can see now it say HI on the screen. it is a lot bigger then i thought it would be. But i hope this helps someone as it helped me and everyone in this forum page helps me too. :slight_smile:

Just so you know, hexadecimal, binary, decimal, octal...does not matter. 0xFF hexadecimal is the same as 255 decimal is the same as B11111111 binary. The compiler doesn't really care...even if you mix these types.