Implementation of MODBUS TCP on a very basic level

Helloo

I want to make a system where there is a server (arduino mega) it is connected to a slave (arduino uno) through Ethernet shields. and the website is available on arduino mega to view values.

Now i would like to add a temp sensor on the slave and display the value on the website. website is up and running but i want to implement MODBUS TCP between the server and slave, im stuck i dont knw how to start? A simple example for understanding? Any help would be great.

I have read the spec of MODBUS and the implementation guide im new to ardunio i cant seem to make out how to start implementing MODBUS TCP :S

thanks

Start by checking one of the existing Modbus libraries out there for arduino. Like Mudbus TCP. For the web side, check out webduino.

Even though you probably figured out how to use modbus tcp, I would like to add some useful pointers.

Like ryardman said, you can use the Mudbus library for Arduino (at least for the slave device). It supports modbus function 1 and 3 for reading, 5 and 6 for writing. This tutorial on how to set up a modbus TCP slave should be a good starting point.

Hope it helps

Elle