import library problem

Hey,

whats the difference between #import "AccelStepper.h"
and #import <AccelStepper.h>

I want to change the library to my taste, and i thought if the library is only in the same folder I use "AccelStepper" and if its in like a different place <> searches everywhere.

the point is, even if I copy the library 1:1 and use it in my program with "" it doesnt work as it should. the motor begins to tick in a weird way... :o :confused:

can anyone tell my how i can change the library, and it keeps working then?
the code is rly the same, but yet it doesnt work when imported with ""
it only works if imported with <> and thats weird

wheres the difference

Neither is valid in C++. I think you mean #include.

#include "AccelStepper.h" first looks for the file in the same folder as the file that contains the include and then in the standard libraries folders.

#include <AccelStepper.h> only looks in the standard libraries folders.

This has absolutely nothing to do with your motor ticking problem, which you already have a thread about:
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=517322

ofc i mean #include

yeah I was testing it, but since my code must be correct now (1:1 copy of the original library), the problem must be caused by this.

i just put all the code in a new tab called AccelStepper.h, and the cpp part in a new Tab called Accelstepper.cpp..

as i said. if i include the library with <> no problem occurs, but when I do with "" its a weird non motorrelated problem.

I just want to add some methods to the library and i am stuck with weird stuff happening.
what can i do? :frowning:

okay I solved the problem. the AccelStepperLibrary code posted in GitHub is vastly different from the actual one and just appears to not work. when i get the one from the actual used library it works.
sad that he just posted the wrong one for no reason, it annoyed the heck out of me!

good evening boyys