Impossible to upload a program to my arduino Mega2560

Hey everyone,

First, I'm new to arduino, it's the first arduino card I buy (I got it in a pack) and it's an Arduino Mega2560. Even though I'm new to this, I already know that I have to select the correct port on wich I connected the card and I know I have to select the type of card I use : Arduino/Genuino Uno. Overall, I know the basics.

So I tried to upload a very basic program, just to light up the integrated LED on the port 13. But it just doesn't work. I get this error every single time :

avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x59 avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 2 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x59 avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 3 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x59 avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 4 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x59 avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 5 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x59 avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 6 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x59 avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 7 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x59 avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 8 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x59 avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 9 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x59 avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 10 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x59 Problème de téléversement vers la carte. Voir http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#upload pour suggestions.

I checked everything that this website (http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#upload) told me to check, but it doesn't work. I have my drivers installed, and everything... I tried to make it work both on my PC and on my laptop and I got the exact same error.

I hope it's something that is easy to fix, because I must say that I am quite a bit annoyed to have spent 43€ on something that doesn't work.

Thanks in advance for your answers :)

EDIT : I tried another cable to see if the cable given with the kit was the problem and I got the same error. So the cable is not the problem :/

I am guessing you have an unknown device in Windows Device Manager.

No it’s not the problem. My PC recognises the card :confused:

Here is a screenshot of my Windows Device Manager

Ok, I finally fixed the problem!

The drivers that were on the CD given with the Starter Kit didn't work : I contacted Elegoo (manufacturer of the card I purchased) and they sent me drivers that I installed (after erasing drivers intalled with the CD), and after retarting my laptop, it worked!

I feel better now :)

Anyway, Thanks for your anwers!