include <foo.h> in cpp file

Dear all

I created an Arduino *.INO sketch that includes some *.cpp file (tabs). In one of these tabs I want to include a header file from a downloaded library, let’s name it foo

so the first line in the CPP file is

#include <foo.h>

And when compiling this gives errors : file not found,

The *.H and *.cpp file are stored in "c:\user\XXX\My documents\Arduino\libraries\foo

It is possible to include the header file from the menu in the IDE, sketch, import library.
It is also possible to include the header file in the *.INI file, no problems arise

Examples given by the library are also compiled without error’s

what’s wrong ?

JanMenssen:
Dear all

I created an Arduino *.INO sketch that includes some *.cpp file (tabs). In one of these tabs I want to include a header file from a downloaded library, let’s name it foo

so the first line in the CPP file is

#include <foo.h>

And when compiling this gives errors : file not found,

The *.H and *.cpp file are stored in "c:\user\XXX\My documents\Arduino\libraries\foo

It is possible to include the header file from the menu in the IDE, sketch, import library.
It is also possible to include the header file in the *.INI file, no problems arise

Examples given by the library are also compiled without error’s

what’s wrong ?

#include "foo.h"

include "foo.h " doesn't work, means foo.h is not in library but in current sketch as far as I know

You refer to *.H files; if they have a capital H, you need to include with a capital H

#include <foo.H>

Not sure if it’s the issue but it caught my eye.

The *.H and *.cpp file

probably just a typo in your post, but is the file named foo.H or foo.h ?

Did you stop/start the IDE after putting the files in place ?