Include path for other libraries, IDE 1.6.7

I've been trying to include "MakeBlock.h" in a simple test project for the MakeBlock Orion.

The compiler complains that it cannot find "MakeBlock.h"

So far I've put MakeBlock.h and MakeBlock.cpp in

C:\Documents and Settings\Proprietario\Documenti\Arduino\Libraries\MakeBlock
C:\Programmi\Arduino\arduino-0017\hardware\libraries\MakeBlock
C:\Programmi\Arduino\arduino-0022\libraries\MakeBlock
C:\Programmi\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\libraries\MakeBlock
C:\Programmi\Arduino\libraries\MakeBlock

and the IDE cannot find it.

Is there a setting in the IDE I don't know about...?

The middle 3 locations are the locations for core libraries. They are not appropriate for user-downloaded libraries.

The sketch that is trying to use the library is stored in?

The Orion_Buzzer sketch is store in

C:\Documents and Settings\Proprietario\Documenti\Arduino\Sketchbook

But there are a ton of third party libraries (which I did not install) in C:\Programmi\Arduino\libraries

For example Ethernet, Mouse, Robot_Control etc.

From the MakeBlock site there is a download called "arduino_latest.exe" I'm tempted to install it but I'm scared about the real disorganization of the company.

If they were more serious the EXE would have a date on it, not "latest" for example.

See http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=386090.0 which is your other thread on the same subject.

UKHeliBob:
See http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=386090.0 which is your other thread on the same subject.

It is only “on the same subject” if the quirks of the Arduino project organization are known.

I’m not saying the organization is wrong, but a beginner can hardly be expected to know that the two posts are “the same”. One deals with location of library files and one deals with (apparent) case sensitivity of .h files…

One deals with location of library files and one deals with (apparent) case sensitivity of .h files...

The case sensitivity issue is a Microsoft fuck-up. Get over it.

But there are a ton of third party libraries (which I did not install) in C:\Programmi\Arduino\libraries

Those are core libraries, not 3rd-party libraries. They may have started out as 3rd party libraries, but they are now distributed with the IDE, making them core libraries.

giovanniguerra:

That is where you would expect them to be, so put the new one there in the same folder. A library is a library, is a library, and if the IDE can find Ethernet and mouse, you can be pretty sure it will find Makeblock if it is in the same folder, so there is no good reason for putting it anywhere else.

Similarly, it makes some sense to have all your programmes under C:\Programmi\Arduino\sketchbook. You can set the IDE up for this by hitting CTRL+comma. I guess it is just faintly possible that your problem is the location of the programme, not the library. You surely have too many folders with arduino stuff in them, and maybe a couple of them are ancient.

there are a ton of third party libraries (which I did not install) in C:\Programmi\Arduino\libraries

so put the new one there in the same folder

That is not actually the recommended location for user contributed libraries because they will need to be reinstalled when a new version of the IDE is installed. If they are placed in the libraries folder of the sketchbook folder then they (and the sketches) will be available to all versions of the IDE.

PaulS:
Get over it.

OK! Will do!

Errr. Umm. What? What do I have to get over...?

I've been trying to help you with this issue in the other thread you posted on: http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=361442 if you'd bother to answer my question but I guess you're too busy cross posting.