#include's and Rel 0011

While exposing my shallow understanding of C/C++ :), I thought it might be useful to describe a difference I found after loading the new Rel. 11 IDE.

Several of my sketches use an include file I made (via another tab - like BlinkM’s)

When compiling with Rel 11, the include file was not found. (They were found with Rel 10.)

It turned out that referancing the include as #include <filename.h> was the problem.
If I referance it as #include filename.h it compiles with both versions of the IDE.

I don’t know what the distinction is between the two forms, but I have the “wire.h” and <wire.h> includes with no problems.

Hope this is helpful.

BTW, Thank you to all for their efforts in creating Rel. 11. I’m looking forward to using “map” and the other new features.
John

I don’t know what the distinction is between the two forms, but I have the “wire.h” and <wire.h> includes with no problems.

From memory, the “foo.h” form will look for the file in the source code directory, while the <foo.h> form will look for it in the “library search path”.

–Phil.

Phil, Thanks for clearing up my "foo" (bar) faux pax. The smart guys at work confirm your recollection. I guess Rel 0011 tightened down this convention.