Incompatible Libraries: <GinSingSerial.h> and <SoftwareSerial.h>

Apologies to those who feel this is a redundant issue…

I’m currently working on a case involving both a s7s display and the GinSing shield. As soon as I’ve started to get them working together, I’m getting Errors compiling in regards to multiple definitions of functions ‘_vector_3’ ‘_vector_4’ and ‘_vector_5’

Now to my understanding there are similar variables in the libraries causing the Arduino IDE to get confused. I’m posting both .cpp files in case anyone knows how to help me locate and change these variables without interrupting their ability to define what they need to.

Any insight would be great help.

GinSingSerial.cpp (25.6 KB)

SoftwareSerial.cpp (13.3 KB)

You should probably find an alternative to SoftwareSerial. I wrote this demo yet another software serial so it would not clash with the servo library. The code should be easy to modify if necessary.

There are also other alternatives.

...R

It's not variables, they are both trying to use the same interrupt. This isn't a quick fix (like renaming a variable). As Robin2 says, another library that doesn't try to use all the pin change interrupts would probably help.

You should probably find an alternative to SoftwareSerial. I wrote this demo yet another software serial so it would not clash with the servo library. The code should be easy to modify if necessary.

I'll check it out and let you know if I run into more trouble. Thanks so much for writing this up!!