Inconsistent communication between Zigbee modules

Hi,

I am new to WSN network, and am trying to build a simple WSN using two ZigBee ,one acting as Coordinator other as End Device, both configured in AT mode. I have an Arduino connected to each of the Zigbee. Objective of the program is to pass a string from Co-coordinator to End device, on reception of the same , a LED connected to the End-device will glow, it will inturn pass another string to coordinator ZigBee. This will trigger a LED at the coordinator end. This complete setup works fine, however it’s inconsistent, on resting the coordinator Ardunio, I could see the RSSI and Associate indicators goes low as soon as the first transmission (Coord -> End device) gets completed and the second transmission (End device -> Coord) doesn't go through. Not sure, if the ZigBee goes to sleep mode or is there any other issues. Two ZigBee’s are located in close proximity so Ican rule out any external signals too. Any suggestions welcome

Regards Shammy

Not sure, if the ZigBee goes to sleep mode or is there any other issues.

If you did not configure them to go to sleep, they do not.

You have said nothing about how the XBees are configured, except that one is a coordinator and the other is an end device. You have shown no code. You have said nothing about how the XBees are connected to the Arduinos. What have you given us, to go on, to help you?

Hi,

Here are more details , Zigbee's are connected using a breakout board (Breakout Board)

Being a beginner , kept the coding simple, here its

In the Arduino connected to the Coordinator Zigbee

void setup() { // put your setup code here, to run once: pinMode(13,OUTPUT); Serial.begin(9600); Serial.print(Serial.available()); }

void loop() { // put your main code here, to run repeatedly: if (Serial.available()>0) {

if (Serial.read() =='K') { digitalWrite(13,HIGH); delay(5000); digitalWrite(13,LOW); delay(1000); Serial.print('O'); } } }

void setup() { // put your setup code here, to run once: pinMode(13,OUTPUT); Serial.begin(9600); delay(500); Serial.print('K'); delay(500); } For the Arduino connected to the End device"

void loop() { // put your main code here, to run repeatedly: if(Serial.available()>0) { if (Serial.read() =='O') { digitalWrite(13,HIGH); delay(5000); digitalWrite(13,LOW); } } }

Zigbee's are connected using a breakout board

That is about as useful as saying "XBees are connected using wires...". There is nothing that says what is connected to what on the Arduino.

Still nothing about how the XBees are configured.

It appears as though you are trying to use Serial to talk to the XBee and to the PC. You might as well quit now, because that is NOT going to work.

Its not about quiting , But I will make it work..Thanks for your time and wonderful suggesstion

Ok I made it to work... it was the socket getting timed out as Delay programmed in the Coordinator Zigbee was much higher...Quiting is never an option, its all in applying thoughts and making it to work , thats the beauty of Engineering !!!