I was trying to flash an ESP8266 using the Arduino as a Serial to USB yesterday. When I took a break from that to access the IDE and run a simple DHT11 program (that has worked before), I kept getting compile errors because the dht11.h file couldn’t be found. After tinkering for a while and making sure all the libraries were in the right spot I just decided to download the latest IDE version.
Now I can’t open the IDE because of the screenshot I attached to this thread.
I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling various times, moving all of my old projects out of the sketchbook path, and deleting the registry.
My suspicion is that it may have something to do with my tinkering of .bin files and their cooresponding register locations when trying to flash the ESP.