increase MKR1000 WiFi range

Hi guys, I purchased recently this board, even it has an acceptable wireless range I want to know if anyone has improved it by hacking or adding an external antenna, since I don´t see a connector to do that,

thanks for sharing!

JKPina:
Hi guys, I purchased recently this board, even it has an acceptable wireless range I want to know if anyone has improved it by hacking or adding an external antenna, since I don´t see a connector to do that,

thanks for sharing!

I don't know anything about the unit, but the only way to increase the range is to use directional antennas. If you can't add an antenna to your unit, you will need to add a directional antenna to the router, or whatever you are using.

Paul

Hi, maybe this article can solve your problem. Although what it uses here is an ESP8266, it could be adapted to an Arduino MKR1000

ESP's out of the box have a little better range and are more stable with re-connects than the MKR.
My thingspeak ESP's always work and always re-connect after a power drop and Im afraid I cannot say that about either of my MKR.

The antenna trace might be worth a shot if you scrape some of the paint off it to attach an antenna from an old router or similar but its only a suggestion and may not work in practice unless you can get close the the start of the trace and cut the unused section.

Dont hold me to that as RF can be particular about wavelengths and SWR etc.