Increase MPU 6050 Sample Rate While Maintaining Readability

Hello,

I am trying to record yaw, pitch and roll values from my MPU 6050/Arduino Yun to a SD card as fast as possible. Currently, I am able to record at a rate of about 1 reading every 15 ms (or approximately 65Hz) using the icdevlib MPU6050_DMP example. Originally I believed this low sample rate was due to the time taken to write to the SD card, but printing to the serial instead of writing only seems to speed things by about 1ms between readings. If I use the MPU6050_RAW example the rate of my readings increase to about 1 every 3ms (or roughly 300 Hz). My question is whether there is a way to maintain the the readability of the MPU6050_DMP example while achieving sampling speeds greater than or equal to the MPU6050_raw example?

Any suggestions or links to alternative MPU6050 code would be appreciated.

My question is whether there is a way to maintain the the readability of the MPU6050_DMP example while achieving sampling speeds greater than or equal to the MPU6050_raw example?

There is a way: get a faster processor. The ATmega32U4 of the Yun needs some time to do the rather complex calculations to get the high level values out of the raw data. If you use a SAM D21 based Arduino you will probably get almost the speed of the RAW reading.