Increase the RFID read range using multiple RFID readers

Hi! I need to increase the RFID read range, so I imagine I could use 4 RFID readers, instead of one. The problem is that I don't know how to program this and I don't found any example in Google or Youtube. Basically, what I'm going to is: I will count the number of gauzes that are used in a medical operation. The problem is that many times, the gauzes are together, so the system must identify if it is happening when the gauzes are thrown to the trash can, and count all the gauzes separately. To do this, I thought using an adhesive RFID in all the gauzes, so that if they are together, the RFID reader reads each adhesive RFID of the gauzes. But, as I said before, I need to increase the read range of the RFID using 4 readers, so if ONE of the 4 readers reads the adhesive RDID, the 3 others don't, like using a delay. I already did this using one reader, with an arduino mega and a display led to show the counting, but I don't know how to do it using 4 readers.
If anyone has an idea of how I could to this, or knows an example similar to this in google that uses multiple RFID readers it would be very helpfull.
I'm from Chile so sorry for the spelling mistakes :slight_smile:
Thanks !!!!!!

I don’t have any RFID experience but what you propose doesn’t sound right.
What difference does it make how many "lecters " (I have no idea what that is) you have ?
An RFID works by a tag “affecting” (I would guess “damping”) an RF field. The field distance is a function of the reader not the tag. Adding tags shouldn’t change anything.
What is your supposition based on ? (what principle of RF ?)

I don't want to increase the tags, I want to increase the readers, so that if the adhesive tag RFID that is in the gauze, passes near to one of the readers, the arduino counts +1.
I confussed "lectors" with "readers" sorry!!
Thanks for the answer !!!

Can you please explain what.

Gauzes , thrush , lectors and Orthographics mean please.

Basically RFID readers only read one tag at a time. If there is more than 1 tag in the field then the RFID reader will not work, so there is no reading at all.

There is an exception to this and that is used in UHF tags. These have a range of several meters and can read multiple tags.

Basically RFID readers only read one tag at a time. If there is more than 1 tag in the field then the RFID reader will not work, so there is no reading at all.

I have absolutely no RFID experience but I do understand that the reader would be confused by multiple readers since they will interfere with each other's signal. The reader must read a specific frequency. If two tags are transmitting on the same frequency the reader will not be able to read either one.
RFID TECH

Grumpy_Mike:

There is an exception to this and that is used in UHF tags. These have a range of several meters and can read multiple tags.

So I could use UHF tags, keeping the RFID reader? or I would have to buy another reader to the UHF tag?
Thanks!

Think about that question. If RF stands for Radio Frequency and UHF stands for Ultra High Frequency, how do you suppose an RF reader is going to read UHF ?

That's right you need a new reader. Those UHF readers are not cheap.

I used to design RFID readers and access control systems for a living.

You guys don't know any other cheaper option I could use?

Maybe if we knew what the heck you are doing.

fneutm:
You guys don't know any other cheaper option I could use?

That is why no one has done the application you are looking at, simply too expensive to be practical.