industrial automated guided vehicle

Hi

I have built a small scale AGV modal with small motors, motor controllers, ir sensors, etc .

Now I'm designing a industrial level AGV to carry a load of 70kg-100kg . the load is boxes put on pallets. line following is used for navigation. I'm thinking of going with a pork lift kind of design I'm don't now how to scale it up to carry a load of 100kg. what kind of motors do i need, motor controllers, battery power required, can it be controlled by an arduino Mega ?????????????????

If so how ?????????????????????

any help that can guide me in right direction is highly appreciated. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: (Y)

Thank You

I’m thinking of going with a pork lift kind of design

Have you asked the pig?

Don’t forget that such a device has a whole different level of life-threatening energies (both potential and kinetic) and will require a whole different level of safety, redundancy and software quality.

These are the kind of things that if you have to ask, you probably shouldn't start messing with it...

But to give a somewhat useful reply: why not just buy a balance board(/hover board/whatever you call it) and see if you can hack its batterysystem, motors, ... to do your bidding.
It's battery powered, it's able to transport the load you're looking for, and it's easy to find & affordable.

come on guys don't be like that. You need to start somewhere right.

and don't worry i wont kill any one with my contraption. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

have any one done this kind of a project, some reappearance will be help full

The more happy faces, the more convincing your argument.

Start with an actual electric fork lift and spare yourself the heavy duty machining.

nipzMegaMind:
Now I'm designing a industrial level AGV to carry a load of 70kg-100kg . the load is boxes put on pallets. line following
Thank You

For a load of 100KG your machine would need a mass of 200 Kg i would suggest.
No point in re inventing the forklift.

If it is a non forklift design it can be much less.
Have you thought about having a separate method of loading/unloading.

nipzMegaMind:
and don't worry i wont kill any one with my contraption. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

How many motorists have said that and passionately believed it and been wrong?

I agree with the others who have suggested that you start with a working manually controlled machine and adapt it to automatic control.

...R

Learn basic physics and mechanics if you want to design such systems - its well worth it.
Understanding force, torque, friction, momentum, DC motors and so forth is really a handful
of simple equations, nearly all of the form A = B * C

I think you’d find it interesting if you looked up “Kiva robots” and how Amazon uses them in their warehouses.

you guys are right. I'm going for a much simpler design. now I'm fitting caster wheels under the pallets. so the robot will pull the pallets to the storage section. Also I'm thinking of using a Magnetic strip sensor, not line following.
any way thanks for your help