Industrial Ethernet/IP

Has anyone ever successfully interfaced with an industrial Ethernet/IP protocol network?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EtherNet/IP

I'm trying to communicate with a FANUC robot and I'm not sure where to start.

Any ideas?

So it uses TCP on port 44818 for setup and UDP on port 2222 for control. Do you have the CIP (Common Industrial Protocol) specification for your FANUC robot?

Thanks for the reply! I'm pretty sure I can find it.

Hello, I need to send data to a PLC using EtherNet/IP protocol from an Arduino or Intel Galileo or Raspberry Pi... Do you succeeded to use this protocol with arduino boards?

yo necesito comunicar el arduino con un compactlogix y éste solo tiene puerto Ethernet/IP, si usted encontró la forma por favor compartala.

If anyone is successful in setting up MSG instruction in any Allen Bradley controller to an Arduino or Raspberry, I would like to see the details.

Much appreciate any assistance, great or small.

tpgates:
If anyone is successful in setting up MSG instruction in any Allen Bradley controller to an Arduino or Raspberry, I would like to see the details.

Much appreciate any assistance, great or small.

You should heed the warning that this thread is over 4 months old and start you own. Many people won’t browse through an old thread like this. Which communication protocol for the MSG command?