infitite loop

I have done something silly.
I seem to have locked the chip in a loop and now it won’t accept input through the USB interface.
I have put another chip in the Decimilia board connected to my Leopard Mac and it all works fine.
The trouble is I can’t remember what I did as the system was killed by another errant app and I lost the sketch I had loaded.
I’m guessing it was something to do with the serial I/O.
Is there any way I can ‘short out’ the chip to wipe/reset it?

I have done something silly. I seem to have locked the chip in a loop and now it won't accept input through the USB interface. I have put another chip in the Decimilia board connected to my Leopard Mac and it all works fine. The trouble is I can't remember what I did as the system was killed by another errant app and I lost the sketch I had loaded. I'm guessing it was something to do with the serial I/O. Is there any way I can 'short out' the chip to wipe/reset it?

I don't think it's possible that it's going into an infinite loop that would prevent the chip from being programmed.

You may have damaged the bootloader, in which case you'd need to reprogram it with the icsp header and an icsp programmer. Assuming you don't have a programmer, you probably can't do anything about it.

You can buy a replacement programmed chip from several different sources.

Assuming you don't have a programmer, you probably can't do anything about it.

You could hack one up though...

thanks for the help guys I'll dig out a parallel connector from the bits box and give it a go It would be a shame to let a silly mistake stand in the way of my arduino ninja robot army ;)

that programmer cable works great on the new IDE ;)