info about delay

hi everyone, i'm new on arduino and programming in general. i'd want to know if it is ossible to put a delay in the program only to retard only one line of program. i mean, i want to control with pwm in real time an led on the base of the value of a sensor so i need no delays to have a smooth modulation. but i have another sensor connected to the arduino. it's a temperature sensor (LM335). i want to show using the serial monitor the values of temperature so for this part of the program i'd like to have a delay of about 1 second. but if i put delay(1000) it retards all the loop. so, does exist a way to do something while waiting for the delay??

Thank you Fulvio

Canestro:
i’d like to have a delay of about 1 second. but if i put delay(1000) it retards all the loop. so, does exist a way to do something while waiting for the delay??

I’m not sure if this answers your question or not but it should be helpful

http://playground.arduino.cc/Code/AvoidDelay

Blink Without Delay example.

Study It. Understand It. Embrace It.

Thank you very much to both of you ( Arrch and sparkfuntoday) for the help. your two indications let me found a solution to my problem! thanks again! Fulvio

Canestro: Thank you very much to both of you ( Arrch and sparkfuntoday) for the help. your two indications let me found a solution to my problem! thanks again! Fulvio

You're welcome, usually it's me asking questions but it's nice to know that I can be helpful too.