info needed for DMD (P10) 6x4 display using Arduino Uno

hi, I am trying to run the DMD (P10) using Arduino, I am finding issue in using 6x4 matrix. nothing is appearing on the screen. I tried to search for the maximum limit we can go with atmega 328P/ Uno, I have not been able to find any limit for that. I feel that there could be some issue with RAM allocation or some thing I am not aware of. If some one has used this for 6x4 display, kindly share the experience.
I have noticed that the moment I set the screen total greater than 12 (wxh) nothing comes on the screen.
is there any possibility to increase this size?

Hi,
Have you googled

UNO P10 DMD Display

Tom.... :slight_smile:

TomGeorge:
Hi,
Have you googled

UNO P10 DMD Display

Tom… :slight_smile:
hi, I have googled many things, and after reading your suggestion, I have gooogled this also. but I am not able to find any thing which suggests UNO can handle 6x4 display matrix of P10 based DMD

It sounds like a hardware problem. It might help all of us if you posted a schematic, not a frizzy thing. Using the previously mentioned search term by chandupneja, I found several different sites that not only tell you what is involved but are complete with drawings and software. I would suggest you get a different browser or try different search terms.

gilshultz:
It sounds like a hardware problem. It might help all of us if you posted a schematic, not a frizzy thing. Using the previously mentioned search term by chandupneja, I found several different sites that not only tell you what is involved but are complete with drawings and software. I would suggest you get a different browser or try different search terms.

hi, are you asking for the sch for DMD? otherwise I am using standard Arduino board. the same setup works till 3x4 displays. the moment I change the code for either 3x5, 4x4, or 6x4 nothing comes on the screen. I am arranging the complete 24 display modules (for making 6x4), presently I have 12 display modules wired in the form of 3x4. I still feel that something should come even for 3x4 displays, even if the code is configured for 6x4. I have tried to print things on different coordinates nothing is visible.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.