information needed

Hi,

This is Avinash, well during the purchase of arduino uno, it has the microcontroller Atmega328P- U, and right now in market someone supplied with the part # Atmega328P-PU, now am trying to upload the sketch and it was not allowing to do this and some error i used to get, reflecting communication error,

though i had checked the technical details and it happened to be the same pin layout, but , my question is whether is there any internal setting has to be carried out or any libraries has to be initialized anywhere, kindly let me know.

please find the attachment of the part and please suggest.

Thanks

Avinash

Atmel-8271-8-bit-AVR-Microcontroller-ATmega48A-48P-1315288.pdf (718 KB)

Hi,

Can anyone around you could clearout my doubt about the microcontroller used in Arduino Uno, during the purchase of the Arduino uno, Atmega328P-U, but in recent times i had purchased another microcontroller, with part #Atmega328P-PU, and now its not allowing to download the sketch.

for troubleshooting, i had checked the technical specs and i found its same, with no deviation, but practically its not allowing to upload the sketch.

is there any mismatch among these two parts or do we have to set some software declaration or something like that, please confirm.

please find the attachment of microcontroller.

Thanks

Avi

Atmel-8271-8-bit-AVR-Microcontroller-ATmega48A-48P-1315288.pdf (718 KB)

You have to upload the bootloader first. Here on the web is the guide how to do it.

Hi,

Thanks for the response, i had even tried it but, its not even loading the boot loader, from > menu but still its not getting loaded and board is giving error message.

in fact my question was whether both the micro-controllers are same or not, as far as the compatibility with arduino uno board is concerned, i mean if i try to place the Atmega328P-PU on mother board, will this create any problem for the motherboard.

There's an explanation and advice here that is probably what you need...

Steve

When you encounter an error you’ll see a button on the right side of the orange bar “Copy error messages” (or the icon that looks like two pieces of paper in the Arduino Web Editor). Click that button. Paste the error in a message here USING CODE TAGS (</> button on the forum toolbar). If the text exceeds the forum’s 9000 character limit, save it to a text file and post it as an attachment. If you click the “Reply” button here, you will see an “Attachments and other settings” link.

[ordered] Atmega328P- U, and right now in market someone supplied with the part # Atmega328P-PU

Those are the same chip; labeling has changed slightly due to Microchip (the company) buying Atmel (the company.) Whatever problems you are having are NOT because you have the wrong chip.

Hi,

Thanks for the information about micro-controller details, well here is the error message i could see on the arduino window.

Arduino: 1.8.8 (Windows XP), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Uno"

Sketch uses 930 bytes (2%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32256 bytes.
Global variables use 9 bytes (0%) of dynamic memory, leaving 2039 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2048 bytes.
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x58
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 2 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x58
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 3 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x58
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 4 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x58
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 5 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x58
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 6 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x58
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 7 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x58
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 8 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x58
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 9 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x58
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 10 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x58
Problem uploading to board. See Arduino Help Center for suggestions.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

do that...

The following chips are indeed equivalent: ATmega328P-PU and ATmega328P U. See Which chip is this: "ATmega328P U"? [SOLVED] - Microcontrollers - Arduino Forum

From the trailer of the datasheet you supplied, I guess the you got the ATmega328P-PU from Mouser and will NOT, therefore, have a boot loader installed (some hobby electronics suppliers will add an Arduino bootloader on request).

It has already been mentioned. Follow one of the tutorials to add a bootloader to the new chip. There is no point in doing the following until the chip has a bootloader, but it should not do any harm:

i mean if i try to place the Atmega328P-PU on mother board, will this create any problem for the motherboard.