Infrared Sensor GP2Y0A710K0F

Hi Everyone,
I am going to use Sharp GP2Y0A710K0F sensor for a project so i would like to ask if you can suggest me any tutorial about the schematic and connection of this sensor to arduino and also a code that works properly with that specific sensor.

Thanks in Advance,
Andrew

SpikeHawk:
Hi Everyone,
I am going to use Sharp GP2Y0A710K0F sensor for a project so i would like to ask if you can suggest me any tutorial about the schematic and connection of this sensor to arduino and also a code that works properly with that specific sensor.

Thanks in Advance,
Andrew

Have you figured out a plan on how to use the +_ 0.3 volt output?

Paul

What do you mean exactly ?

SpikeHawk:
What do you mean exactly ?

The data sheet for the device shows the output is +- 0.3 volts. How do you intend to use this with your Arduino? I don't know how to ask any different.

Paul

Sorry,now i get it no most Sharp Sensors have Output (Terminal )Voltage +_0.3v that's not a problem,
the output voltage is from 0 to 3 volts as the diagram shows in datasheet typically(2.3v min,2.7vmax) .

This is the data sheet I am referring to:
www.socle-tech.com/doc/IC%20Channel%20Product/Sensors/.../gp2y0a710k_e.pdf

Paul

ok the original datasheet is file:///C:/Users/user/Desktop/Paper/GP2Y0A710K0F(100cm%20to%20550cm).pdf

SpikeHawk:
ok the original datasheet is file:///C:/Users/user/Desktop/Paper/GP2Y0A710K0F(100cm%20to%20550cm).pdf

How is that again? I don't have access to your computer.

Just try to find the original datasheet for that sensor

I see I misread the data sheet. The output is -0.3 to VCC+0.3 volts. Still have the negative value problem to take care of.

Paul