Inserting SD card causes mkr wifi 1010 to restart

In have a Arduino mkr wifi 1010 that I use with the Arduino mkr SD proto shield. This shield just connects the SD pins straight through to the mkr.

Whenever I stop the sketch to remove the card and then reinsert the card, the mkr restarts.

Wondering if anyone else has had this issue.

jpwolfe31:
In have a Arduino mkr wifi 1010 that I use with the Arduino mkr SD proto shield. This shield just connects the SD pins straight through to the mkr.

Whenever I stop the sketch to remove the card and then reinsert the card, the mkr restarts.

Wondering if anyone else has had this issue.

stop the sketch? :o
how are you doing this?

Menu1:
    debouncer_d0.update();
    debouncer_d1.update();
    if (debouncer_d0.fell()) {
      SD.begin(k_SD_chip_select); // if either button is pressed, will need SD to begin
      goto MenuExit;}
    if (debouncer_d1.fell()) {
      SD.begin(k_SD_chip_select); // if either button is pressed, will need SD to begin
      goto Menu2;}  
    goto Menu1;

You are right, the sketch is not stopped. it is just put into this loop until a button is pressed. The reset occurs inside this loop once the card is inserted without any button press.

Inserting the card may cause enough of a voltage drop that triggers the reset. A suitable capacitor on the power rail may help. Look into the details of your two components: SD shield (or card) max current drain, and the max supply current from the Arduino board.