Installation problem

I just got your UNO R3 and am trying to install the Arduino software. I downloaded the software and unzipped it. I connected the UNO R3. The green light is lit and a yellow light is blinking. I went to the Start Menu and entered devmgmt.msc and got the device manager. I went to Arduino Uno, right-clicked and selected Update Driver Software. Then selected Browse My Computer for Driver Software. I then went to my Arduino folder and clicked the Driver folder. The install book says to now click the Arduino UNO file, but there isn't any Arduino UNO file. Where is the driver?

Thanks,

Casey

Just select the drivers folder and check the "Include subfolders" box and it will search through that folder until it finds the driver. If you bought an Uno clone then most likely none of the drivers in that folder will work for it and you'll have to download the driver to install but that's easy enough.

The UNO is from Elegoo.

Casey37:
The UNO is from Elegoo.

It looks like their version of the Uno uses the same USB-serial chip(ATmega16U2) as the Arduino Uno so the drivers included with the Arduino IDE should work for you.

All is well. I gus I was mis-reading the instructions. I was looking for the Arduino file in the Drivers folder. It meant to click the Drivers folder and then go back and click the original Arduino file again. That worked.

Thanks to all,

Casey