Installing 3rd party libraries without .

Hi, I'm a newbie so my apologies if this is a stupid question but how do you install 3rd party arduino libraries when there is no .cpp and .h (or zip) file, just the code? I've done it successfully with those files before (eg for AccelServo) but the third party library links take you straight to the code in your browser. How do you get the .cpp and .h file? For example, I'd like to install Tim Herzel's Wii Classic Controller library: http://playground.arduino.cc/Main/WiiClassicController

It's just a page of code with no links to any files to download. Do I copy it into a text document and save it as .cpp or .h?

Hi, I'm a newbie so my apologies if this is a stupid question but how do you install 3rd party arduino libraries when there is no .cpp and .h (or zip) file, just the code?

Where is the code, if not in a cpp or h file?

You can create new tabs in the IDE, and paste the code in the appropriate tab.

The WiiControl code is a few years old. I think you will need to edit some of the Wire statements in the .h file, but the compiler error messages will indicate where if necessary.

HVXmania: Hi, I'm a newbie so my apologies if this is a stupid question but how do you install 3rd party arduino libraries when there is no .cpp and .h (or zip) file, just the code? I've done it successfully with those files before (eg for AccelServo) but the third party library links take you straight to the code in your browser. How do you get the .cpp and .h file? For example, I'd like to install Tim Herzel's Wii Classic Controller library: http://playground.arduino.cc/Main/WiiClassicController

It's just a page of code with no links to any files to download. Do I copy it into a text document and save it as .cpp or .h?

If you look carefully on that particular page there are actually two pieces of code, each listing ending with a right-justified link called "[Get Code]". At the beginning of the code listings (in a different font) there is a description of what the following code listing is for.

For pages like this (and there are a lot in the playground), it is probably best to click the [Get Code] link at the end of the listing(s) and then save the resulting page as the proper name either alluded to or directly stated in the text before the beginning of the listing(s). It is then up to you to move the resulting files from your downloads area into the proper folder structure.

There will always be a .h file, but as you can see in the example you linked to, sometimes the .cpp file isn't needed.

That said, some of the pages in the playground are woefully out of date. One example that I know of is the RunningMedian library. I worked with robtillaart adding some functionality to that class, but he never got around to back-porting the changes to the Playground Page. One would just have to know to search for him on github to find the latest version of that library.