installing different inductor in Arduino Severino board.

I made an arduino severino.Installed all components with the exception of inductor.
In the pdf manual it says to install a 100microhenry one.

I dont have a 100mH but instead found on a dead printer pcb board from lexmark a 330microhenry and a 680microhenry.
Has anybody ever used such inductor in Arduino boards?
I know about the filtering and such but was curious to ask what would happen if it was used instead of the 100μH.

Thank you.!

I dont have a 100mH but instead found on a dead printer pcb board from lexmark a 330microhenry and a 680microhenry.
Has anybody ever used such inductor in Arduino boards?
I know about the filtering and such but was curious to ask what would happen if it was used instead of the 100μH.

How many ways are there to say "330uH does not equal 100uF"

It's not like substituting a yellow shirt for a blue shirt. It's electronics. It's either 100uH or it's not.

Maybe a better question would be "Will a Pi Filter work better with more inductance ?

Short answer: yes.

Or you could ask What is the ACC pin for ?

(see Crossroads Reply#1)

AVCC is power for the analog circuitry (Port C pins and internal A/D) in the Atmega.
L1 is an inductor intended to make cleaner analog power.
That is the old serial Arduino too. Newer ones have USB interface instead, with AVCC connected to VCC.

raschemmel:
How many ways are there to say "330uH does not equal 100uF"

It's not like substituting a yellow shirt for a blue shirt. It's electronics. It's either 100uH or it's not.

Maybe a better question would be "Will a Pi Filter work better with more inductance ?

Short answer: yes.

Or you could ask What is the ACC pin for ?

(see Crossroads Reply#1)

Thank you for your answer.I know that 100 is not 330.The reason i asked this is i wanted to know s the largest in microhenry inductor that i can use for an arduino circuit like the severino.
After some research i think that probably a higher frequency could lead into bad filtering or probably filtering wrong type of frequencies in the avcc pin.

That's the reason i asked.
Does anyone know what is the recommendation from atmel for the atmega328p ?what is the proper inductor there ?

Pi Filter

fc= 1/(PiSQRT(LC))

Let L = 100uH
fc = 1/(pISQRT(100E-9100E-6))
= 100658 Hz

Let L = 330uH
fc = 1/(pISQRT(330E-9100E-6))
= 55410 Hz

pI LC LPF

So the 330uH will lower the cutoff frequency from 100kHz to 55kHz

This probably won't be a problem.

This is part of an optional filter for the Aref supply.
Any value will do, and higher is probably better.
Don't go too high though, otherwise coil resistance could become a problem.
I would just use the 330uH if it fits.
Leo..