Installing driver for an Arduino Uno

Hi there

I am new to this so I apologize if my question is a bit silly.

I'm trying to restart from scratch with an Arduino Uno starterkit I played around with a few years back. I installed the Arduino software and connected the board to the laptop (OS: Windows 10) and then wanted to install the driver. According to the Arduino website this driver should be available in the Arduino install folder. However, on windows 10 the Arduino software is installed as an App in a closed folder and I can't figure out how to gain access to it.

So instead I tried to just accept whatever driver the OS has felt was appropriate for the board, set the right COM port and run the simple "Blink" example. But nothing happens. I know the board works because its happily blinking away with some previous instruction I gave it in the past. So basically there appears to be no connection and I suspect that it has to do with the use of the wrong driver.

I am sort of stuck now. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks in advance

Jakob

Can you upload sketches to the Uno?

I would suggest that if you continue to have issues then remove the APP version and move to the regular IDE that you can download and do a proper install with.

Many people have reported various issues with the APP version.

Bob.

ballscrewbob:
I would suggest that if you continue to have issues then remove the APP version and move to the regular IDE that you can download and do a proper install with.

Many people have reported various issues with the APP version.

Bob.

This is going to sound silly but for some reason I hadn't even noticed that you could download a regular version. The App version caught my eye more readily (with the windows icon and all) and so I clicked a millisecond too fast to notice the other two windows options. But yes, the regular IDE solved everything and I am now in contact with the Uno and can upload sketches and such.

Thank you so much for your help!

Cheers

Jakob

You are most welcome.
Enjoy your adventures with Arduino.

Bob.

Have you deleted the Arduino 15 folder and tried again?
By default, it's on this path C:\Users\Rachit\AppData\Local\Arduino15

Also, the App data access .. go to this path C:\Users\Rachit and unhide the hidden folders. Then you would able to see the App folder.

//Rachit